Friday, April 12, 2013

Another Recycled Rubber Card For Earth Day

I had no idea I would get the response I did from the PALS April Blog Hop. The Earth Day theme urged us to "create cards and projects that capture the essence of Earth Day through colors and images and/or recycled or reused elements."

I chose to upcycle the unused rubber that came with the clear mount stamp sets and cut an image with my Big Shot to make a new stamp. Thank you for your kind responses and comments! I actually made two cards for the blog hop but decided on one:

(http://craftwithkathleen.blogspot.com/2013/04/recycled-stampin-up-materials-card-blog.html).

Today I am showing you the other card I made using the recycled rubber and Big Shot die.

 
I found a perfect size piece of rubber to cut out and put on  my Big Shot die.
 



 
The die is Blossom Party Originals, the same die I used for my original Earth Day post. I also used it for the flower on my card (see below).


I used this shape to coordinate with my favorite Designer Series Paper, Sycamore Street from Sale-a-bration. Because you can no longer order this paper (boo hoo!), I thought I should try and use it up to make room for the NEW items coming out in the NEW catalog!


I stamped the image over and over using Tangerine Tango ink. It was difficult lining them up perfectly, but I thought it added to the "handmade" look.

 
I paired my new Tangerine Tango paper with the Sycamore Street DSP, ribbon, and button. The flower is also from the Blossom Party Originals die.


I hope you get the opportunity to try making your own upcycled rubber stamp. The possibilities are endless!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
Kathleen

Check out the handmade items in my Etsy shop:

www.etsy.com/shop/PortlandPaperCraft



5 comments:

  1. So clever!! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant. really opens the door for so many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I will definitely start looking at my excess stamp pads differently from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you made your very own DSP with your very own rubber stamp...wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete