I loved the challenge the PALS April blog hop presented (see below for a list of PALS Earth Day projects). As a crafter, I enjoy "upcycling" by looking at everyday objects and creating ways to repurpose them.
As I looked through my craft room I came upon my Daydream Medallions Clear-Mount Stamp Set. I noticed there was a large portion of rubber that was being unused. So my mind started working...
See that big piece of rubber just waiting to be repurposed?!
And voila! After peeling it away from the other rubber, I placed it on my clear mount and added ink.
I picked Daffodil Delight for the main card color because I thought it was perfect for spring. I stamped my "new" flower stamp on Whisper White cardstock several times to create the card's backgound. I cut two more flowers from the same die cut with Melon Mambo cardstock, glued them together and added a button with linen thread as the center of the flower. I topped the card off with Daffodil Delight grosgrain ribbon and the "thinking of you" sentiment from the Curly Cute stamp set.
Blossom Party Originals Die
Curly Cute stamp set
Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon in Daffodil Delight
Card stock in Whisper White, Daffodil Delight &Melon Mambo
Brights Designer Buttons
Whisper White envelope
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Check out the handmade gifts & cards in my Etsy shop:
Blog Hop Line Up List
Click on the links to see more great projects:
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin' Sunshine
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven's Retreat
- Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works
- Amy L. Lazzell at Just A Thought...Cards by Amy
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards.com
- Kathleen Law at Craft With Kathleen
- Nicole Picadura at Scraps & Stamps
- Kerry Willard Bray at stampgoodness
- Debbie Mageed at Scrappin' and Stampin'
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Barbara Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Debra Simonis at Deb's Stampin' Grounds
- Linda Callahan at Stampin' Seasons
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb...
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Kim Czenszak at LiveLoveStamp
- Carmen Sublasky at The Creative Stamptuary
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin'
- Max Conrad at Stamp to the MAX!
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts