Saturday, March 2, 2013

3x3 Class Tomorrow & A Crowd Pleasing Treat

Tomorrow is the 3x3 card class at my house. I'm super excited for it because 3x3s are so much fun. I will post pictures of the cards we make in the next couple days.

In this post I am sharing one of my favorite treats I always have on hand at my craft events. My guests have asked for the recipe so here it is. You will love it, I promise. It's quick and easy!

Here's what you need:

-1 box of Chex cereal (the generic brand isn't as strong and will crush easily)
-1 bag mini pretzels
-1 bag of M&MS (get festive colors to match the season-Spring M&Ms are in stores now)
-3 squares of white chocolate candy

Directions:

Melt the white chocolate candy in the microwave according to the directions.
While the chocolate is melting, pour half a box of Chex cereal into a large bowl.
Grab melted candy and drizzle over the cereal in the bowl. Stir it around so the candy coats the cereal. When done, pour it onto a baking pan. I like to put tin foil down for easy clean-up.
Do the same with the other half of the cereal and the remainder of the melted candy. Pour it on the baking pan.


Put the cereal in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to set.

While the cereal is setting, pour 1/2 bag of pretzels & 1/2 bag of M&Ms in a freezer bag. Repeat this step in a second freezer bag.


Pull the cereal out of the fridge. Break up the pieces as they will be stuck together.

 
 
Combine the cereal with the pretzles and M&Ms and ENJOY!
 
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
 
 
 
Please check out my Etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PortlandPaperCraft

And my website to order your own craft supplies today:
kathleenlaw.stampinup.net
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Yum! Thanks for sharing the delicious recipe! And I can't wait to see pictures of the event you had today! Missed you all!

    ReplyDelete