Monday, March 11, 2013

Pictures From The 3x3 Class & A Tribute to Grampa

I apologize for the delay in getting these pictures out. I was lucky enough to get to go home to Montana to see my Grandma for her 84th birthday. And what a fun time it was!

Here are 3 examples of the cards we made at our class:
The card with the ferris wheel comes from the set "Feeling Sentimental" from the Sale-A-Bration catalog. We made 3 cards from that set including the ferris wheel (above), bicycle and telephone booth. I love how simple yet elegant this set is!

We made the bunny/Easter card using the single stamp "Ears To You" which can be purchased for $6.95 in the spring catalog. It's perfect for Easter and Spring!


And here is my favorite...the "Get Whale Soon" card from the stamp set "Oh, Whale!" This card is dimensional as the whale and sentiment can be pulled out.

 
Here are 3 cards we decided not to include in the class but are worth posting. These sweet cards come from the stamp set "Patterned Occasions" and can be yours FREE with a $50 purchase. Look at the variety of cards you can make with one FREE stamp set!
 
 
 
And finally...I am including a picture of a scrapbook page made by my dear Aunts Janice & Nancy as a gift for my Grandmother. It is a collage of the cars my Grampa Ray restored with love. These are just a few of the many classic cars he refurbished. 
 
Next month, my grandmother, dad, aunts and uncles will be auctioning 26 classic cars bought, restored and loved by my Grampa Ray and his family throughout the years. It will be a day of joy and celebration for the amazing talent my grampa was blessed with. I thank him every day for the legacy he left behind and the craftsmanship and hard work that went into these incredible cars. 
 
Grampa Ray was the ultimate CRAFTSMAN.


3 comments:

  1. Great tribute to Grampa! We are very blessed to have been part of some of his restoration projects even if it meant vacuuming out the rumble seat. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tribute to your Grandfather! And adorable cards you made! Bummed I couldn't make it, but great cards as always!

    ReplyDelete