Thursday, April 25, 2013

FUN Craft Challenge-Paper Pumpkin #2

Another Paper Pumpkin arrived on my doorstep the other day. If you remember from a previous blog, (http://craftwithkathleen.blogspot.com/2013/03/paper-pumpkin-is-so-fun.html) I had a blast putting together the cards and even roped my husband into making one. What a great guy!

Paper Pumpkin is a monthly subscription, much like a magazine subscription, but is filled with everything you need for a quick craft project. The exciting part...the project is a surprise so you never know what you are going to get. The last two Pumpkins have been card projects complete with great assembling instructions and pictures. So for those of you who don't think you are creative but love craft projects Paper Pumpkin is for you!

I look forward to receiving my Paper Pumpkin every month. It's a nice way to unwind after a long day. It doesn't take long to put them together for those of you with little time. Plus when I'm done, I have cards on hand for when I need them. A win-win!

This months Paper Pumpkin (PP) came filled with the following supplies:
 
 

 
The patterned paper alone caught my eye immediately. I want more of it!
The stamp sets where interesting...they said, "Seriously," "You kick booty," and "I love your guts." They are not necessarily my preference but they grew on me after a bit and I think they ended up being kind of cute.
 
Below is the picture of how Stampin' Up! instructs you to put together your cards.
 
 
 
The last PP I received, I didn't deviate far from the instructions/pictures that were provided. I was cautious with the supplies enclosed and didn't get too crazy.

On this PP I challenged myself to get a little more creative. And it was a BLAST! Here are the finished products:
 
 
 
 
 
Above: I used pieces of the scraps left over from the sticky parts of the embellishments. I cut out the remaining part of the green tag and made it look like the "arrow" was pushed forward.
 
 
 
Notice how I used strips of the light blue and white paper. I grabbed my star punch and rhinestones to jazz it up a bit.


Below is the inside of the card:



 
I decided to use my PP supplies to make a gift card holder because Stampin' Up! announced yesterday that they were retiring The Petite Pocket Big Shot die. Once it's sold out it it gone. I am so happy I own this die and as you can see it makes a great gift of its own.






If you are interested in signing up to receive next month's Paper Pumpkin let me know. It is a month-to-month subscription, so if you don't completely enjoy it (like I think you will) you can always cancel. Give it a try...you won't be sorry! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today,
Kathleen

http://kathleenlaw.stampinup.net

www.etsy.com/shop/PortlandPaperCraft








2 comments: